My Acai smoothie bowl recipe for energy & focus
Acai's the best!! It's perfect for boosting cognition, memory, focus and energy. Basically my best food friend!
I discovered this over a year ago when I was taking it and realised I had no energy or mind when I didn't. So now it's a daily staple and one I couldn't live life without. I use it in my smoothies before work, or if I have a big day planned in the city I find it gives me all the energy and brain power to get through.
This recipe has all the usuals for brain and gut health that I normally use, but with a big Acai energy boost!
If your just starting out making smoothie bowls I have a few tips and tricks here, to get mine thick and creamy every time.
- 1 frozen banana diced
- 1 cup of frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup frozen blackberries
- 1 frozen pure Acai smoothie pack (make sure it doesn't have sugar or guarana added to it as some do)
- 1 tablespoon of good quality, organic, Acai powder
- 20 mils coconut water kefir
- A handful of raw almonds 10-15, more if you like
- 20mils or 1 tablespoon of cold flaxseed oil
- 1 scoop of marine collagen powder (optional - tasteless, great for hair, skin, nails and the gut)
- 1 teaspoon Maca powder (optional - great for energy & hormones)
- If you really wanted a boost you could add 1 teaspoon of raw cacao powder aswell
- Almond milk
- Get all your frozen ingredients out of the freezer and leave on the bench for about 10 minutes to slightly defrost.
- Add all of the ingredients to your high speed blender with a few good splashes of almond milk.
- Start blending. The blender will get stuck so you will need to stop and push the ingredients down with a spatula a few times - it's a labour of love, but keep persisting. It will get to a point when it all starts to blend together, keep blending till it's nice and smooth. You know you have a good consistently when you can flip the blender upside down once its done, and the smoothie doesn't move (but do this with caution!).
- Scoop in to a bowl and top with your favourite toppings - I always have about a tablespoon of chia seeds for fibre, a teaspoon of hemp seeds if I have them (great for protein), fresh fruit - blueberries, kiwi and strawberries are great, a scatter of cacao nibs and buckini's for some chocolately, gluten free, crunch.