Detoxifying Green Smoothie Recipe
My go-to green smoothie recipe at the moment - refreshing, delicious and not too "healthy" tasting. It's also been getting all the ticks of approval by my friends and family lately too. I try to get greens in my diet everyday but when I don't have time or I can't stomach a salad I make one of these and it works a treat! Plus it has lots of other healing whole-foods in it to promote detoxification and healing. Sometimes I throw a big handful of baby spinach leaves in as well.
- 2-3 big kale leaves, hold the stem and pull the leaves off, discard the stem and add leaves to your blender
- Handful baby spinach leaves (optional)
- 1/2 a peeled lemon, pips removed
- 1 small knob fresh ginger, thumb nail size
- A few sprigs of fresh mint, I throw in stems and all
- Half a small fresh cucumber, about 5-6 cm long
- 1 big handful of frozen mango cubes. Mango makes it sweet so don't skimp
- 1 fresh or frozen banana, diced. Make sure banana's are spotty before going in the freezer, this makes for sweeter, tastier smoothies.
- About 1.5 cups coconut water
Add all the ingredients to a high speed blender, (I use a Nutri-Bullet 900W which is super powerful), blend till smooth.